Whole Pumpkin Gratin. Great recipe for Whole Pumpkin Gratin. We can enjoy not only its deliciousness but also its appearance. Whole Pumpkin Gratin step by step.
Pumpkin Gratin recipe: Found on http The only way I ate pumpkin as a child was in a savory gratin, so the first time I had it in the United States sweet, in a pie I thought it was a mistake. Searching online for any "recipe in pumpkin shell" yielded a few recipes similar to this delicious-looking whole pumpkin apple casserole. But I wanted something savory and cheesy like a gratin or strata. You can have Whole Pumpkin Gratin using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Pumpkin Gratin
- You need 1 of pumpkin (kabocha).
- You need 1 of onion (slice thinly).
- It’s 1/2-1 pack of shimeji mushrooms (tear into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 100 g of bacon, or as much as you like (cut into bite sized pieces).
- Prepare 10-20 g of butter.
- You need 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2-1 of bouillon cube (optional).
- You need 500-600 ml of milk.
- You need of Cheese (as much as you want).
- It’s 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
I did find this amazing-looking Pumpkin and Cabot Habanero Cheddar Soufflés recipe to add to my To-Try file. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the bread crumbs. I have come to love it, but I still enjoy a savory pumpkin gratin like I had in my youth," says the master French chef and author of the new. Place the whole pumpkin on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
Whole Pumpkin Gratin step by step
- Wash the pumpkin and cover with plastic wrap and cook in the microwave until softened. ＊Be careful not to heat it up too much. (reference: 8~10 mins in 700W).
- Cut about 1/4 of the upper part of the pumpkin. Scoop out the seeds and scrape pumpkin meat from shell. (leave at least 1 cm of the shell).
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat, stir fry onion, shimeji mushrooms, bacon until the onions are browned. Turn down the heat and add the flour and mix well. Pour the milk little by little to get the smooth sauce. Add the pumpkin meat, salt and pepper and cook until thickened.(adjust the thickness to your taste).
- Pour the mixture into the pumpkin, sprinkle cheese and panko bread crumbs on top and bake in 200℃ oven for 20~25 mins or until heated thoroughly. (Cheese starts to brown and panko bread crumbs are golden).
Break up tomatoes with hands, allowing juices to drain. Stir tomatoes, mushrooms, sausage, and parsley into stew. Place pumpkin top next to pumpkin on the pan. Serve stew along with spoonfuls of pumpkin. Place the whole pumpkin on a large, rimmed baking sheet.